LASIK Surgery – How Successful is it? |
What Is 20/20 Vision?
June 5, 2014
Orange County LASIK Eye Surgery
September 8, 2014

LASIK Surgery – How Successful is it?

Since LASIK was approved by the FDA, more than 20 million LASIK procedures have been performed worldwide. With a patient satisfaction rate of more than 95 percent, LASIK surgery is rated as one of the safest, most reliably successful surgeries in the history of medicine. At Saddleback Eye Center, Dr. Charles Manger provides a custom, bladeless LASIK procedure that significantly exceeds the national average LASIK success rate.

Over the past few years, success rates of LASIK surgery have steadily improved, especially following the introduction of wavefront technology, which has made the procedure safer and more precise. Dr. Manger developed his custom LASIK procedure to utilize the latest technological advances in refractive surgery, ensuring that his surgeries produce the very best results.

Dr. Manger and his team hold themselves to the highest standards of patient care, ensuring that each and every patient is offered the best possible WOW experience, with optimized outcomes and excellent results.

Possibility of Achieving 20/20 Vision

Before undergoing LASIK surgery, first you’ll have to establish your candidacy for the procedure and discuss realistic expectations for your outcome.

Not all patients will be able to achieve “perfect” vision from LASIK surgery, but virtually everyone achieves visual independence and the ability to perform most daily tasks without the need of assistance from glasses or contact lenses.

While there’s no guarantee that you’ll come out of the procedure with 20/20 vision, the vast majority of Dr. Manger’s do! In fact, over 99.7% of his patients see 20/20 or better following their procedure, and the other 0.3% happily see 20/30, which is still excellent vision and exceeds the DMV requirements to drive without the need for corrective lenses.

But better yet, Dr. Manger and his team will make sure that you’re a good candidate prior to undergoing the procedure. Dr. Manger will not recommend LASIK for you if he doesn’t feel you are an excellent candidate for the procedure. Don’t expect the same philosophy at competing laser eye centers, because some of them are willing to operate on anyone with enough money to cover the costs of the surgery.

Saddleback’s Screening Process

While most LASIK surgeons only conduct a handful of tests during their screening process, Dr. Manger conducts a full comprehensive eye exam, which includes 14 different diagnostic tests.

In reality, about 80% of the people who meet the age and health requirements for having LASIK are good candidates for the procedure. However, Dr. Manger does routinely turn away 20% of patients who are not candidates due to various health conditions of their eyes (such as advanced cataracts or keratoconus). The best way to determine your candidacy for the LASIK procedure is to schedule your exam with Dr. Manger. This exam will likely be the most thorough eye exam you have ever had in your life!

If you’re considering having a LASIK procedure, then it’s important that you can first answer each of the following questions:

  • Are you 18 years old, or older?
  • Has your glasses or contact lens prescription remained relatively stable for the past year?
  • Are you nearsighted, farsighted, or do you have astigmatism?
  • Are you over 40 and wearing reading glasses, or are you having difficulty seeing close up?
  • Would you like to see clearly without the assistance of glasses or contacts?
  • Are your eyes healthy and free of diseases such as advanced cataracts or keratoconus?

If you meet these basic criteria, you may be a good candidate for LASIK surgery.

To find out if you qualify for Dr. Manger’s LASIK procedure, please call us today to schedule your free, comprehensive eye exam. Call us now at 877-351-3937.

Sharing is Caring...
Call Now Button