Our Standard of Eye Care

Be WOW’d

SEC Staff PhotoAt Saddleback Eye Center, we hold ourselves to the highest standards of eye care. We do this to ensure we are providing the best overall WOW Experience and outcomes for our patients.

Is LASIK surgery safe?

As someone considering LASIK, you may be wondering if laser eye surgery is safe. The answer is yes, LASIK is safe. While no surgery is without risk, keep in mind that nearly 20 million LASIK procedures have been performed worldwide.1 Experienced LASIK surgeons like Dr. Manger report a complication rate well below 1% and are committed to providing the highest level of laser eye safety. And it has been documented that the risk associated with long-term wear of contact lenses is 5 times higher than the risk of a single LASIK procedure.2 With Dr. Manger, you’ll be in the hands of a highly experienced and skilled eye surgeon who has built his reputation on precision, LASIK safety, and unsurpassed outcomes:

  • 99.7% of Dr. Manger’s patients see 20/20 or better after LASIKSM. The other 0.3% happily see 20/303

Absolute Dr. Manger availability — single office location

As the LASIK expert, Dr. Manger has been steadfast in his decision to have a single office location so he can personally attend to every patient’s needs. At Saddleback Eye Center, an esteemed expert will guide you through a comprehensive 2½-hour, 14-test diagnostic LASIK exam. Following this evaluation, Dr. Manger will personally perform your surgical procedure and oversee your post-operative care.

linePatients appreciate the professional, personal care with which they are treated while at Saddleback Eye Center. There’s no assembly line. Dr. Manger works with every individual eye-to-eye and face-to-face for the best results, so patients can experience the wonderment of clear vision without the struggle of glasses and contacts.

Dr. Manger does not believe that multiple-location centers operate in a patient’s best interest. These centers generally have limited staff and technology, as both are spread out over several locations and their surgeons offer limited availability to their patients. While other centers often rely on various professionals for initial assessments, a leading specialist oversees this vital first examination at Saddleback Eye Center, ensuring consistency before surgery.

Patient-centered LASIK eye care

As the surgeon and founder of Saddleback Eye Center, Dr. Manger believes in making medical decisions based on his patients’ needs, not the needs of a large corporation whose main concern is their bottom line. At Saddleback Eye Center, you are treated like family, not as a number. Patients are continually impressed by the level of care they receive. We understand that you are putting your vision in our hands, and we make every effort to put you at ease before, during, and after your procedure. This is just another way we want to WOW you at Saddleback Eye Center.

State-of-the-art technology

Dr. Manger only uses the most advanced technology for LASIK and has 7 lasers in his state-of-the-art surgical facility. He only performs 100% blade-free, All-Laser Custom Wavefront LASIK procedures, and is one of few surgeons in the country with the 3 most advanced excimer lasers that are used to reshape the cornea during the LASIK procedure. With his technology, Dr. Manger can provide a level of customized treatment for each patient that few other LASIK surgeons can match. Dr. Manger does not believe in a “one-size-fits-all” approach to treatment and the technology he uses reflects this.

The medical field’s most comprehensive, 14-test diagnostic LASIK exam

At Saddleback Eye Center, our team boasts the expertise to execute the medical field’s most exhaustive 14-test diagnostic LASIK evaluation, meticulously completed in approximately 2½ hours. This LASIK exam forms the groundwork for producing the outstanding outcomes for which he is known. Many other LASIK surgeons don’t take the time for this important exam and instead rely on professionals who do not have the same skills and qualifications to conduct the exam for them. And the exam that is done at these centers is usually a brief 45 to 60 minute “consultation” consisting of 4 or 5 tests, where the main emphasis is to financially qualify the patient for surgery.

Thanks to improvements in technology and Dr. Manger’s extensive expertise, you could be a candidate for LASIK even if you’ve been turned down for LASIK in the past or have been told that you are not a candidate for LASIK by your eye care professional. Dr. Manger can discover this during your exam. Schedule your free* LASIK exam today.

Fair pricing for best quality LASIK eye care

At Saddleback Eye Center, you will receive a fair price considering the skill, quality, experience, and outcomes that can only be provided by Dr. Manger:

  • Dr. Manger has personally performed over 94,000 LASIK procedures and is ranked in the top 1% of LASIK surgeons in the United States3
  • 99.7% of Dr. Manger’s patients see 20/20 or better after LASIK. The other 0.3% happily see 20/303

You can save money by choosing to have your exam and LASIK procedure on the same day. Call 877-351-3937 for more information about SameDay LASIKSM savings. You can also save $200 off the price of LASIK by attending a LASIK seminar.

Honesty instead of sales pressure

Not everyone is a good candidate for LASIK. A good LASIK eye surgeon, like Dr. Manger, will reject 20% of all applicants due to eye health concerns. Dr. Manger promises to be very honest with you. If you are not a candidate for LASIK, he will let you know why he does not recommend the procedure and will refer you to a specialist who may be able to help you with your eye condition. If you are an excellent candidate for LASIK, it is then up to you to decide if you want to have the procedure and experience the wonderment of better vision, without the hassle of glasses and contacts.

See for yourself why Saddleback Eye Center was voted the best LASIK center in Orange County.3 Schedule your free* LASIK eye care exam today.


  1. Solomon KD, Fernández de Castro LE, Sandoval HP, et al. LASIK World Literature Review: Quality of Life and Patient Satisfaction. Ophthalmology. 2009;116(4):691-701.
  2. Mathers WD, Fraunfelder FW, Rich LF. Risk of Lasik Surgery vs Contact Lenses. Arch Ophthalmol. 2006;124(10):1510-1511.
  3. Data on file. Saddleback Eye Center.
Sharing is Caring...
Call Now Button

Don't See A Time That Works For You?

Skip to content Saddlebackeye Calendar