What Is 20/20 Vision? |
What is Wavefront (or Custom) LASIK Technology?
May 30, 2014
LASIK Surgery – How Successful is it?
July 21, 2014

What Is 20/20 Vision?

What Is 20/20 Vision? What Does 20/20 Vision Mean? How Can I Get It?

20/20 vision refers to normal visual acuity, or the sharpness and clarity of vision measured at a distance of 20 feet. When you have 20/20 vision, it means you can see the same line of letters on an eye exam chart at 20 feet that a person with normal vision can see.

If your vision were 20/40, then that would mean you could only see at 20 feet what a person with normal vision is able to see at 40 feet.

Along those lines, if your vision is measured at 20/100, then you would have to be 20 feet away from an object to see it as well as a person with normal vision at a distance of 100 feet.

On the other side, it’s also possible to have vision that’s measured as being better than normal, with a vision score like 20/10 indicating that you can see at 20 feet what a normal eye sees at 10 feet.

What Makes Having Perfect Vision So Powerful?

Think about the things you do on a day-to-day basis, and about how important it is that you can see fine detail clearly, sharply, and easily.

Things like driving, playing sports, or simply looking for the TV remote—can you accomplish these tasks without the assistance of glasses or contacts? Can you recognize faces from across the street, read unfamiliar street signs, or follow sports action at a park?

To take the example to the extreme, imagine a hawk flying over a field full of weeds, trying to spot a mouse—this requires far clearer vision than the typical human endeavor.

Fortunately for the hawk, their eye may be smaller than ours, but it’s jam-packed full of impressive sensors, giving them vision that’s roughly eight times more acute than a human being. In fact, hawks have such clear vision that their score would fall along the scale somewhere about 20/2!

Other Visual Problems

The clarity and sharpness of your vision isn’t the only thing that determines how well your eyes can see, but it is one of the most important pieces to the total picture.

There are, however, other skills, like peripheral vision, eye coordination, depth perception, focusing ability, and color vision, each of which contributes to your overall visual ability.

Some people can see well at a distance, but aren’t able to focus on objects up-close (farsightedness, or hyperopia), while others can see well up close, but can’t see anything far away (nearsightedness, or myopia).

Can I Get 20/20 Vision?

The only way to tell whether or not you already have 20/20 vision is to get a comprehensive eye examination from an eye doctor, who will test your visual acuity, then diagnose the causes of any issues impacting your ability to see 20/20.

In cases where patients are nearsighted, farsighted, or have astigmatism, eye doctors are likely to recommend a prescription for glasses or contact lenses. However, to get the best vision for the rest of your life without depending on glasses or contact lenses, many patients turn to LASIK surgery as the hassle-free, cost-effective solution to correct their vision problems.

LASIK surgery offers a precise, safe, and extremely effective treatment for people who want to improve their vision to 20/20, and there’s no better place to have the procedure done than by Dr. Manger at Saddleback Eye Center.

LASIK at Saddleback Eye Center

At Saddleback Eye Center, Dr. Charles Manger offers a custom, 100% bladeless, wavefront LASIK procedure that successfully achieves 20/20 vision 99.7% of the time! (The other 0.3% are happily seeing 20/30.)

Dr. Manger has over 18 years of experience dedicated exclusively to LASIK surgery, and has personally performed over 73,000 successful procedures. Industry statistics tell us that out of 64 LASIK surgeons in Orange County, Dr. Manger performs over 30% of the LASIK surgeries in Orange County each year.

Dr. Manger’s commitment to offering the safest, most advanced technology, the best patient care, and affordable pricing sets him apart from the competition, and makes him the best possible choice for improving your vision. Saddleback Eye Center’s technology suite offers the SEVEN best lasers in the United States so that Dr. Manger can truly customize the LASIK procedure for each and every patient.

In fact, Dr. Manger’s procedure is so highly regarded that patients have traveled to Saddleback Eye Center from all around the world, including from countries as far away as Japan, England, India, and Australia. Dr. Manger operates out of a single location, performs all of the procedures himself, and never compromises on the quality of patient treatment.

To find out if you’re a good candidate for Dr. Manger’s LASIK procedure, please call Saddleback Eye Center today at (877)-351-3937 or click here to schedule your appointment online.

Call Now Button