What are the Laser Eye Surgery Risks? |
Are You a Custom LASIK Eye Surgery Candidate?
October 15, 2012
See why 35% of patients in OC choose Dr. Manger for their LASIK Eye Surgery procedure
March 12, 2013

What are the Laser Eye Surgery Risks?

There are a number of reasons why people don’t take that first step towards laser eye surgery and clear vision — the fear of LASIK eye surgery risks. The fear of pain or worse, going blind after an eye surgery, is a very real fear for most of us. But hurting and going blind are not laser surgery side effects. The more you understand LASIK surgery, the more confident you will be that there are very few laser eye surgery risks and laser surgery side effects.

When you undergo WOW LASIK surgery at Saddleback Eye Center, the risks and side effects are negligible. The success of your laser eye surgery is dependent on:

  • The experience and skill of your eye surgeon. Dr. Manger of Saddleback Eye Center has been performing LASIK since 1996 and has personally performed over 72,000 LASIK procedures.1
  • The technology used. Saddleback Eye Center uses state-of-the-art LASIK technology to address each patient’s unique needs.
  • The quality of care you get from your LASIK surgeon. Dr. Manger and Saddleback Eye Center give all patients the best care beginning with a comprehensive, 2½-hour diagnostic LASIK examination to a full 2 years of postoperative care.

While no surgery is without risk, keep in mind that nearly 20 million LASIK procedures have been performed worldwide.2 Experienced LASIK surgeons like Dr. Manger report a complication rate well below 1%. And it has been documented that the risk associated with long-term wear of contact lenses is 5 times higher than the risk of a single LASIK procedure.3 With Dr. Manger, you’ll be in the hands of a highly experienced and skilled eye surgeon who has built his reputation on precision, safety, and unsurpassed outcomes.

Here are some other points about LASIK eye surgery at Saddleback Eye Center for you to keep in mind:

  • LASIK isn’t painful and anesthetic eye drops will prevent any discomfort during the procedure.
  • There are no needles or IVs used during the procedure.
  • If you fear blinking during the surgery, you won’t feel the need to blink because your eyes are numbed and a gentle device is used to hold your eyes open.
  • On some occasions, a mild sedative is requested.
  • Dr. Manger’s VISX Star 4 and Allegretto WaveLight EX500 excimer lasers have the most advanced trackers and track any eye movement up to 1000 times per second.
  • 99.7% of Dr. Manger’s patients see 20/20 or better after LASIK and the other 0.3% happily see 20/30.1

Now that you understand that LASIK risks are not concerns that you should have with LASIK at Saddleback Eye Center, you can now focus on taking the first step to clear vision and a better quality of life that goes with it. And with Dr. Manger’s unsurpassed success rate, there’s no reason to wait any longer. Take that first step today by contacting us at 877-351-3937.

References:
1. Data on file. Saddleback Eye Center.
2. Solomon KD, Fernández de Castro LE, Sandoval HP, et al. LASIK World Literature Review: Quality of Life and Patient Satisfaction. Ophthalmology. 2009;116(4):691-701.
3. Mathers WD, Fraunfelder FW, Rich LF. Risk of Lasik Surgery vs Contact Lenses. Arch Ophthalmol. 2006;124(10):1510-1511.

Sharing is Caring...
Call Now Button