Your comfort is important to us
- Plan to spend 2 to 3 hours with us the day of your scheduled procedure
- Arrange for a ride home from the procedure. If you need assistance with transportation, please let us know. For patients who live outside of Orange County, complimentary hotel accommodations and transportation can be arranged through our office. Learn more about this option
- Wear comfortable clothing for the procedure
- You may eat a regular meal before your appointment; do not drink alcohol
- Do not wear eye makeup, perfume, or cologne the day of your procedure
- If you wear soft contact lenses, you should be out of your contacts for two days prior to your procedure, if possible. If you wear gas permeable/hard contact lenses, you should be out of your contacts for two weeks prior to your procedure
- Members of your family are always welcome to accompany you to our office
Once the LASIK procedure is completed, you will be given antibiotic eye drops to take home. You should follow all of the postoperative instructions we provide to you, including when to administer these drops. You are encouraged to wear high quality, polarized sunglasses following the LASIK procedure as part of the LASIK surgery recovery process.
Dr. Manger includes all of your postoperative care for 1 whole year following your procedure. This includes your initial postoperative medications, 1-day and 6-month post-op visits, and any necessary enhancement you might need. It’s important to note that less than 2% of Dr. Manger’s patients require enhancement procedures and there is no additional charge for this. (Most LASIK centers provide only 6-12 months of postoperative care.)
Laser eye surgery recovery time is relatively quick compared to other forms of surgery. After LASIK, most patients can return to normal activities such as driving, going to work, using a computer, reading, and watching TV the very next day.