How to Find The Best LASIK Eye Surgeon

Here at Saddleback Eye Center, we know how important your vision is to you. We understand that finding the best doctor for LASIK eye surgery to perform your LASIK eye surgery can sometimes seem like an overwhelming task. To make researching easier for you, we have provided a breakdown of the four main categories of LASIK eye surgeons.

The Difference Between an Ophthalmologist And A LASIK Surgeon

Typically, this is your long-time or general ophthalmologist who you see for glasses, contacts, and routine eye exams. The most common surgery they perform is cataract surgery, although they do several other procedures, including eyelid surgery, and pterygium surgery. Unfortunately, they generally do not do enough LASIK surgery to be considered the best doctors for LASIK eye surgery. While it may be tempting to find a LASIK surgeon near you, people come from all over the country to have LASIK with Dr. Manger because of his excellent reputation and surgical results. You don’t need to worry about numerous follow-up appointments as patients need very little post-operative care with Dr. Manger’s LASIK.

Retail-LASIK Chain Stores Surgeons

Many LASIK practices advertise their offices “with a location near you!” Although this may sound appealing, these offices are considered to be retail-LASIK chain stores. Generally, these “LASIK eye surgery near me” chains have multiple offices and multiple surgeons and lack quality control since staff and technology are spread thin. Additionally, you often don’t meet the doctor for LASIK eye surgery at these LASIK chains during your exam. This is a huge red flag! Treating LASIK like a “retail-purchase” is a colossal mistake because LASIK is not mass-produced, and it is not the same everywhere you go. The procedure and outcome will only be as good as the surgeon you choose.

The Real Cost Of “Cheap” LASIK Eye Surgery

We’ve all seen advertisements for “best LASIK surgeons in Los Angeles for as low as $799 per eye!” Unfortunately, this is misleading and known as “bait-and-switch”. If you are farsighted, have astigmatism, or fall into one of the numerous other categories which exclude you from their advertised price, the price is quickly and drastically increased. These “LASIK surgeons near me” centers exist by offering low prices and are very comfortable cutting corners on surgical expertise, technology, medications, and after-care at your expense. Dr. Manger sees 5 to 6 patients every month who went to a budget center and are unhappy with their vision. Half of the time, Dr. Manger can fix their problem, and the other times he cannot. When deciding to have LASIK, you have to choose – low price or quality- because you can’t have both.

Why Choose Dr. Manager:

Dr. Charles C. Manger III is the best LASIK doctor in Southern California, whose practice is 100% committed to LASIK. Dr. Manger performs LASIK 5 days a week, 49 weeks a year, in one office location. Industry reports tell us that out of 64 LASIK surgeons in Orange County, Dr. Manger performs 35% of all LASIK procedures in Orange County. He has personally done over 90,000 LASIK procedures and has superior outcomes, with 99.7% of his patients seeing 20/20 or better (the other 0.3% see 20/25 or 20/30 and are happy with that vision). Dr. Manger is the best LASIK surgeon and routinely does 200 to 300 LASIK procedures each month. He utilizes the most advanced LASIK technology with eight different lasers to customize each patient’s treatment. Patients who come to Dr. Manger appreciate quality, the best patient care, and of course, good vision for the rest of their lives!

Now you know how to find the best LASIK eye surgeons and have a better understanding of the difference between LASIK practices, schedule your FREE* LASIK exam with Dr. Manger to find out if you are a LASIK candidate!

Sharing is Caring...
Call Now Button

Don't See A Time That Works For You?

Skip to content Saddlebackeye Calendar