6 Common LASIK Mistakes
Get the facts and avoid the 6 most common LASIK mistakes
When choosing a LASIK surgeon, there are several common LASIK mistakes that people often make. Learn from others’ mistakes and reduce the risks of laser eye surgery. Click on the links below to get the facts about LASIK.
Mistake #1: Choosing a LASIK surgeon based on a low price
Both are important.
This is the number one mistake to avoid. LASIK isn’t cheap, but it is affordable. Doctors offering LASIK at a low or discount price are able to do so for a few reasons:
- They are often inexperienced and offering a lower price in order to gain patient experience — in other words, you are part of their learning curve. Consider how this inexperience might affect LASIK surgery risks
- They are using older technology, which can increase the risks of LASIK eye surgery including poor night vision or glare from lights at night
- They have limited diagnostic equipment to determine if you are actually a good candidate for the procedure
- They charge extra for medications, post-op care, and enhancements
Don’t fall into this trap. Choose a surgeon based on experience, technology, and outstanding patient care — not price. Dr. Manger decided years ago that he was not willing to deeply discount LASIK at the expense of patient care and surgical outcomes.
We offer the most advanced technology, the most comprehensive diagnostic exam in the industry, and a proven track record of outstanding results: 99.7% of Dr. Manger’s patients see 20/20 or better after surgery, and the other 0.3% happily see 20/30.1 You will not find results similar to these at a discount LASIK center. In fact, a 2006 Congressional report revealed that 1 in 6 patients who had LASIK at a budget laser vision center was unhappy with their outcome.2 If patients knew of this study, they would not risk their vision at a budget center.